I don’t like coffee. So when my sister suggested I eat French silk ice cream, I wasn’t too thrilled with the idea. But ice cream is ice cream, so I decided to give it a try.
French silk ice cream isn’t too bad. It actually tastes nothing like coffee, which was surprising. While I probably won’t go out of my way to eat French silk ice cream, if it’s the only tub of ice cream in our freezer, I now have a new tasty option.
My roommate has this water bottle that she fills with lemon slices and cucumber every single day. She told me it has some health benefits and it looks really cool, so I decided to give it a try. I only had cucumber in the fridge so I decided just to use cucumber, instead of cucumber and lemon. What I’ve learned is that cucumber water by itself is really, really gross. I’m not entirely sure how people just drink cucumber water but I wouldn’t even force it on my enemies.
Cucumber and lemon slices together, on the other hand, is pretty much the best thing ever. If you have one slice of cucumber and once slice of lemon, it’s the perfect mixture and makes water taste really good. I enjoy water by itself but if you’re looking for something to add a little pizzazz to your every day routine, I would definitely recommend a slice of cucumber and a slice of lemon.
After much contemplation, I decided to start a blog about my New Years resolution. You may be thinking to yourself ‘but it’s mid April! You’re still following your New Years resolution?!?’
And to that question, I say – yes, yes I am. This year my New Years resolution was to try new things or do things that scare me. Very vague, but so far has been very successful. Since January I have:
- Tried octopus…and liked it.
- Ate mussel, got halfway through and spit it out. It was like licking a river.
- Joined Martini Swingers, an on-campus dance group, where I am learning how to tango.
- Ate tomatoes on a quesadilla – this is a huge deal as I detest tomatoes.
- Had a new item from the menu every single time I’ve gone to Panera Bread.
- Tried some tea but it was plain tea so it wasn’t very good.
- Went to New York and Washington, D.C. by myself
- Ate veggies on a pizza. Tomatoes were added and it wasn’t bad.
- Joined a one-credit painting class with my roommate. It’s actually kind of fun and relaxing.
- Ate some Mediterranean food.
Most of these new things involve eating new food. Probably because I desperately love food. But somehow I feel like I’m expanding my horizons just a little bit. I’m doing things that scare me (like dancing and eating octopus) and finding out they can be actually enjoyable. When my first impulse is to say no to something, I doublethink that answer and say “yes.” I hope you join me on my adventures as I try new things!
Posted in April 2013
Tagged April, martini swingers, mediterranean, mussel, new years, octopus, painting, panera, tango, tea, tomatoes